I have been preparing a lot of soups and smoothies lately. Long time back my husband got me a Smoothies book and finally we are trying each and every recipe from it. My son is especially showing interest in picking the recipe and shopping for the ingredients. This in turn excites me because he is having something healthy almost every morning. As always I keep making some change or the other to the original recipe to suit our taste and this plum smoothie recipe is no exception to that.
The smoothie turned out great. The fruits have to be fresh and ripe. The riper the fruits, the sweeter naturally and no need to add any sweetener. The fruits I used, especially the pear was very ripe making the smoothie very rich and smooth.
Orchard Fruit Smoothie Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Makes|
|10 Mins||05 Mins||2 Servings|
- 1/3 cup Pear (ripe, diced)
- 1/3 cup Apple (peeled and diced)
- 1/3 cup Red Plums (diced)
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 – 1 and 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2-1 tablespoon Maple Syrup (optional, to taste)
- Yogurt ==> Any non-dairy yogurt
- Milk ==> Any non-dairy milk
- Maple Syrup ==> Any sweetener of your choice
- Start the prep work for the smoothie by cleaning and chopping the fruits.
- Blend together all the fruits, yogurt and milk in a blender. Add ice cubes if you prefer it cold.
- Taste and add sweetener of your choice.
- I didn’t peel the skin off the pear because it was very ripe. You may choose to leave the skin on for the apple too.
- If you are using yogurt, make sure that it is not sour. If all you have is only very sour yogurt, try using a small banana or 1/3 cup of soft/silken tofu instead.